I am a photographer and a nomad. Straddling ethnicities, nations and cultures without ever fully inhabiting a side, I am a permanent in-betweener. Like generations of my family, I too left my place of birth to live elsewhere: from Singapore to Australia, to a 6 year stint on the road. In 2019, I moved to northern Iraq (Kurdistan) for work.
In recent years, regular returns to Singapore have offered a new lens to explore this life of perpetual transit: the challenge of finding home, and the meaning of belonging.
- 2018 – Fujilove columnist
- 2017 – Progresso Fotografico feature
- 2016 – Kamera & Bild (Sweden) Fujifilm special issue feature
- 2016 – Fujifilm X-series: There and Back Again: An X-series Journey
- 2015 – Professional’s review (promotional movie and still images) for the new X-T10
- 2015 – Commissioned by Fujifilm Global to create the promotional movie for the Fujinon XF 16-55mm f2.8 lens. The movie was made entirely with the X-T1 and new version 3.0 firmware that featured manual video control – a first for any X-series camera.
- 2013 – My movie Beyond was featured on PetaPixel, Monster Children and F Stop Lounge
- 2012 – FotoFreo Magnum Workshops Scholarship winner (Western Australian Dept. of Culture and the Arts)
- 2012 – Solo Exhibition “Tug Boat Dreaming” (FotoFreo Open Exhibitions Programme)